To our employees and loyal guests:
Joella’s Hot Chicken is committed to the health and safety of our guests and our employees. As incidents of coronavirus (COVID-19) become more prevalent in our communities, it is important for us to share proactive steps we are taking to reduce the spread of illness and keep everyone healthy and safe.
Proactive measures that all our locations have applied include, but are not limited to:
- Increased frequency of cleaning procedures for high-traffic areas and touchpoints (cash registers, countertops, tables, chairs, trash refuse areas, etc.) at all Joella’s store locations.
- Encouraging guests to regularly wash hands while dining at Joella’s, using the CDC recommended guidelines for handwashing. The CDC recommends wetting hands, lathering both hands completely (including back of hands, between fingers and under nails), scrubbing hands for at least 20 seconds, rinsing hands under clean water and drying hands with a clean towel or air dryer.
- Maintaining a distance of at least six (6) feet between other people, which minimizes the likelihood of breathing in any droplets should someone cough or sneeze near you. In addition, we are encouraging others to avoid personal contact like touching or shaking hands.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth. If you do touch your eyes, nose or mouth, it is recommended that you wash your hands per the CDC recommendations or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with an alcohol content of 60% or more.
- Staying at home if you are sick, particularly if COVID-19 is spreading in the community and you have mild or other symptoms (even a mild cough or low-grade fever).
- Practicing good respiratory hygiene. If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue. If you use a tissue, immediately dispose of it in a closed bin. After coughing or sneezing, immediately wash your hands as indicated above.
At this time, Joella’s is not choosing to temporarily close our locations and we continue to monitor the outbreak. We will make new recommendations if necessary, based on updated information by the CDC and WHO.
For more information on COVID-19 visit https://www.cdc.gov/covid-19 and https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
COO of Joella's Hot Chicken